Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shaping the minds of the future.

Whilst in London, my godson (The Bruiser), his older brother (The Thinker) and their mother (The Leader) are around to catch up with. This is a rare treat as usually they are as far away from me as possible at the northern-most tip of Scotland – I’m not sure their mother trusts my ideas about god-fatherly responsibilities.

So Sunday morning we all head off to the Science Museum in Kensington. This place is great. They’ve revamped the exhibitions and displays since I was last there and they have a section on the top floor devoted to teaching science through interactive displays. The boys and I practically sprint up there and even though the Thinker is playing it cool, you can see he likes trying to work out how to solve the problems.

The comedy aspect is focused around the fathers who’re obsessively showing their children how it’s done – pushy stage mothers have nothing on dads with gadgets.

No comments: