Saturday, February 7, 2009

“And now the lovely Miss Caracas…”

Back to the dentist. Who promptly removes the crown he re-cemented a week ago, as the implant consultant has recommended it be taken out rather than build up problems while I’m away in Delhi. Does he hand back the wedge I paid for him to re-cement it a week ago? Ho, ho, good one sir, a veritable thigh-slapper.

To be fair, he’s a good dentist so I don’t care, pay money for quality when someone’s poking metal in your mouth is my motto. He’s actually not my first dentist, having taken over the surgery from my previous dentist a few years ago, but has kept the unique hiring policy. Dr S had an approach of hiring young dentists from exotic countries who needed to re-certify to work in the U.K. as his assistants. Coupled with a Joanna Lumley Chelsea type as his receptionist, it was always an adventure showing up for an appointment, not knowing if this week it would be the fiery South Americans or the cool Eastern Europeans handing over the instruments.

No comments: