Friday, March 20, 2009

Here comes the bride...

One of the main reasons we’re back at the moment is that we have two entirely unrelated weddings to attend. For one of them, the bride to be is having a small girls night out tonight. This is not a hen party - as she’s posh and doesn’t do things like hen parties.

But she does drink with Memsahib. Her and the rest of the terrifyingly intelligent, attractive and conquering circle of long standing varied friends. This simply means one thing. Lock up your firm young sons, lest they be lost forever, like a Viking raiding party coming to visit.

As this isn’t a hen party, I was technically invited to come out with them, but there are limits to my risk acceptance and when I determined I’d be the only man there I feared they’d have an “Officer and a Gentlemen” style navy suit waiting for me as part of some ritual humiliation and cheap evenings entertainment.

So I declined for once.